In the 2022 revision to the BC Building Code, the Province is mandating that new buildings must be at least 20% better than the current building code.
The RDKB and RDCK are inviting members of our local home building industry to a series of free workshops focused on trades crucial to building high performance home. These online workshops are streamed from the BCIT lab providing practical demonstrations, mock ups and case studies.
Winter Trade Series consists of:
1. HVAC & AC Contractors: March 8 @ 7:30 - 8:30 am
2. Insulators & Siding Contractors: March 15 @ 7:30 - 8:30 am
3. Plumbers: March 29, 2022 @ 7:30 - 8:30 am
4. Electricians: April 5 @ 7:30 - 8:30 am
5. Interior & Finishing Trades: April 12 @ 7:30 - 8:30 am
6. Site Supervisors: April 26 @ 7.30 am - 9.30 am
Participants will learn more about high performance home, their impact on airtight building envelopes, and emerging technologies and techniques relevant to their trade to help meet BC Energy Step Code requirements through the insights of BCIT professionals and industry experts.
The workshop series is funded through FortisBC Build Better program and the aim is to be accredited with BC Housing CPD points.