This virtual session is the third of four in the First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples and COVID-19 series hosted by the National Collaborating Centre for Indigenous Health (NCCIH).
This session, Data collection on COVID19 cases in First Nations, Inuit and Métis populations and communities, brings together expert speakers who work in data collection, ethics and sovereignty, including:
• Jonathan Dewar & Maria Santos, First Nations Information Governance Centre
• Dr. Janet Smylie, Well Living House
• Courtney Skye, Yellowhead Institute
• Robyn Rowe, Laurentian University
• Pamela Wolfe-Roberge, First Nations and Inuit Health Branch
The panel presentations will look at how data collection for First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples and communities has been done over the course of the pandemic. Speakers will highlight the challenges related to ethics, tracking, reporting and understanding of data. The panelists will also discuss what lessons we can take in public health emergencies going forward.